June 6, 2010

Take A Peek


Have you ever heard of Bountiful Baskets? It's located in Arizona, Utah, and Idaho. It's like only one of the best things ever created. You pay $15 bucks on Monday, and then on Saturday you go and pick up this huge basket of produce. You don't get to choose what you want or don't want, it's just random. It is pretty cool spending less than I would at the grocery store and getting way more out of my money. I kind of also love the random selection. I love getting stuff that I normally wouldn't buy. We will definitely be doing this every week. If you want more information check out their site at www.boutifulbaskets.org
We got tons of bok choy, lettuce, honey dew ,bananas, corn on the cob, potatoes, peppers, tomatoes, apples, peaches, blackberries, and grapes.

Onto my second item...completely separate from produce. Remember how I said I recently inherited my mom's old sewing machine? Well I made those curtains with her as my teacher. I just did whatever she told me to do. But yesterday I wanted to make a purse...only problem was my mom wasn't here to show me what to do. With only one phone call to her and 3 1/2 hours later, I succeeded at making this!
I found the material on a clearance rack last weekend and automatically fell in love with it. I changed the pattern just a tinge and added the flower on just for me. I love it. What do you think?

Jaclyn's Signiture

9 comments:

Megan Young said...

Great job on the purse!! It's fabulous and I'm very impressed!! Oh and I also LOVE Bountiful baskets!

Rachel {RandR Workshop} said...

Hey Jaclyn! Love the purse..soo soo cute! I am way impressed!

I love bountiful baskets too! I found out about them a couple months ago.

Hope you guys are doing well :)

Bekah said...

Jaclyn...look at you you little homemaker. love it

The Ranson Family said...

Ya. We just heard about the Bountiful Baskets from Megan Young. We are definitely going to try it in Cedar City.

Elisse Carma said...

awesome purse! that seems complicated. but then, i'm a total beginner at sewing.

Alex, Orchid, Layla, & Leo Christensen said...

It looks awesome jaclyn and so do your curtains! How did you make the flower? Just ribbon and needle & thread. ANyways..... SUPER CUTE!!!

Marilou said...

That purse is awesome!

Kristy said...

I wanted to learn how to sew this summer! Hopefully I can learn as fast as you have, you're amazing!

Kristy said...

...ps that is so cool about the bag of produce, we might need to try that when were back in Rexburg.