April 11, 2013
6:40 p.m.-Brian leaves for his 1st city league flag football game
7:40 p.m.- Jaclyn puts Brekan down for the night
7:55 p.m.-Jaclyn watches American Idol result show
8:15 p.m.- Jaclyn starts writing grocery list
8:25 p.m.- Brian calls Jaclyn and through tears and a shaky voice says, "I shattered my face, I'm on my way to the hospital." Great.
9:00 p.m.- Jaclyn arrives at the emergency room to find Brian delirious, bloody, and in a LOT of pain.
9:10 p.m.- Brian gets a Priesthood blessing
9:40 p.m.-Brian get a painkiller shot in his buttocks.
9:45 p.m.-Brian gets stitches over his eye
10:30 p.m.- Brian goes in for a CT scan
10:40 p.m.- Brian comes back from CT scan and his eye is swollen shut
11:45 p.m.- Doctor comes in and says, "You were right, you broke your face. You have 3 bone fractures under the eye and in your sinus cavities."
12:00 p.m.-Discharged from hospital
12:30 p.m.- Drive to 24 hour pharmacy and wait for prescriptions to get filled.
1:00 a.m.- Finally get home and send friend home who was staying with sleeping Brekan.
(Needing stitches)
(Someone got some pain meds in him and some stitches!)
(Don't let the smile fool you)
(Today, 18 hours after accident. Eye basically swollen shut)
(24 hours after accident. Right cheek with bone fractures getting very swollen, making it hard to eat and drink)
In good news, we did go to see an eye specialist today and things look as good as they can considering the circumstance. No permanent eye damage, and he won't need surgery on the fracture just below his eye.
Next week, after some of the swelling has gone down, we will see an ENT specialist to look at the other two fractures (the bad ones) that are down on his cheek closer to his mouth. We are optimistic that he won't need surgery. It will just be a long recovery.
Brian's not sure how the accident happened. He doesn't remember getting hit, just that when he finally realized what happened, he knew immediately that he had broken his face. I can't even comprehend. Poor baby. I thought he was being dramatic when he called and told me his face was shattered. Nope. He was telling the truth. So hopefully he will recover quickly. But I have a sneaking suspicion it's going to take a while.


3 comments:
oh my heavens!!!! flag football huh? are you sure it wasnt tackle to the death?! that looks SOO very painful, i can't even imagine!! glad he is recovering!!! sending happy thoughts your way! feel better soon!!
Poor Brian!!! So glad he's ok. I can't even imagine! I told Travis about it and he just about threw up :)
So, random story that you and Brian will hopefully get a kick out of: Oakley was looking at your post with me, and he asked what happened. I told him Brian broke the bones in his face. I kept scrolling and got to the picture with his eyes swollen shut, and Oakley proclaims, "He shouldn't close his eyes when he needs to see where to go! That's why he broke his face-he should look where he's going." It made me chuckle. Hope the recovery is still progressing smoothly and that he still acts like his normal self while on pain meds (my hubby does not fare well). Take care!
Post a Comment