After 9 days with my parents, we flew to Kansas City to meet up with Brian's family.
The first day there we headed to Nauvoo, IL. We stopped in Far West on the way.
The first day there we headed to Nauvoo, IL. We stopped in Far West on the way.
In Far West, we realized there was a nail in the tire of the car.
Good thing the Robberts are manly men and can fix just about anything!
Good thing the Robberts are manly men and can fix just about anything!
We finally made it to Nauvoo around 6:00 pm. I hadn't been to Nauvoo since I was 7 years old, so this was my first time seeing the temple there.
The pageant was great, although I would have enjoyed it more if it wouldn't have been 100 degrees out with 100 percent humidity. And that was at 9:00 at night, people! I promise I'm not even being dramatic about that. I have never been so miserably hot in my entire life. The 1 1/2 hr pageant seemed more like 5 hours because of the heat.
We are still so glad we went. I'm just saying....
Oh, and we got to see fire flies!!! The west coast is definitely missing out. I love summer evenings with fire flies :) They are so magical.
When we got to Branson we were all starving, so we obviously had to stop at this ginormous chicken for some food. It only seemed logical.
If you are ever in Branson, please go see the Shanghai Circus. It will seriously blow your mind! Unfortunately we couldn't take pictures during the show, but it was amazing!!!
Another highlight of that evening was having some guy at the circus do my hair for me. This guy was legit and totally sold me on this sweet hair kit thingy. I wish I had pictures of the hair-do he gave me in like 1 minute. It was so good my mother-in-law bought 3 kits right away!
And finally the last few days in Branson were spent at a water park....which was some great relief from the heat. We lucked out again with friends who live only a couple hours away, so they drove up to hang out for the day. Stephen, Shanda, Brian and I were all in the same ward the semester Brian and I started dating at BYU-I......we've been friends ever since :)
And this pretty much ends our 17 days of having so much fun with both sides of our family. It was a LONG trip, but so worth it. We played hard, shopped A LOT, ate some amazing food, and most importantly we created lifelong memories.
Now back to real life...


1 comment:
Wow that vacation sounds like so much fun! If we didn't have kids I think we would do something like that! I absolutely LOVE Nauvoo and I enjoy it even when I'm sweating buckets!! Maybe because I was in the pageant a few times I have a greater affinity for it! :)
Post a Comment