July 6, 2011

Celebrate America

This past weekend we headed to Driggs, Idaho for the annual Huntsman Springs, "Celebrate America" festival. It was actually pretty awesome. All day they had free events going on like a classic car show, pig races, comedians, bounce houses, an air show......we only saw of few of the things because we didn't arrive until the late afternoon. (We had to get some pool time in before we headed to Driggs)

In the evening they had an orchestra playing patriotic music.


Lots of people watching...my favorite

And then Jon Huntsman, who own this golf resort and opens it up for free every forth of July, came out on stage to introduce the main event of the evening...


Glen Beck was there to speak...just about America and our great history and bright future. None of his political ranting and ravings were included. His speech really made this forth of July seem more patriotic than any other one I've ever celebrated.
(the little white speck on stage is Glen Beck)

After he finished, they had an amazing firework show with music and slide show that would intermittently play. It was such a great night. We are already planning on attending next year.

Thank you Jon Huntsman for putting on this free event! We will be back! And next time I will bring more clothes. It get's stinkin' cold up there at night.

Jaclyn's Signiture

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Geez! It's so pretty up there!!! Enjoy your nice, cool, humidity-free summer :)

~Courtney~ said...

That fireworks show truly was AMAZING!!! I loved it! And I agree! It was a very patriotic 4th of July for me! I definitely want to go again next year too! Did you have the Bullseye Burger? (The doughnut one) We heard it was gross and I thought...ON A DOUGHNUT?! Weird! HAha Anyway wish I would have seen you guys! Adam and I got out of the parking lot pretty fast but my MIL was in the line for over an hour before she even got out of the parking lot! CRAZY! :)