August 19, 2009

Feeling Good

Last week Brian and I went to meet with my blood specialist to get my results back from all my blood clots. They said I have a blood factor called lupus anti-coagulant (and no, this does not mean I have lupus cancer). Its just something in my body which was making me clot on top of the blood thinners I was taking. So they have me on shots now which are working, and I will go back in 3 months to get another CAT scan, an ultra sound, and more blood work. If my body doesn't have any trace of the clots in my lungs or leg, and if my blood factor is back to normal I will be good to go and I will be able to stop taking shots. If my body still has some remains of clots and the blood factor continues to be elevated, I will stay on shots daily.

So that is the update. I am feeling a lot better and each day I get a little more energy back. Brian is getting good at giving me my shots.... he is a good sport about it..... actually he loves giving them to me. Kinda sick, but it works out great for us!

6 comments:

Lauren said...

I am glad to hear the doctors have figured it out and I hope that this works, the whole shot regime sounds horrific!

Devin said...

That is very bizarre! I hope you get it all resolved! If Andrea needed shots every day, she would have to hire someone else to do it... shots give the heeby geebies! Yes... I am a wimp when it comes to needles, and yes I did just say heeby geebies!

Chell said...

So happy to hear you are on the mend. Hope there is good news after the next round of tests!

The Durfee's said...

so glad you are feeling better!! hope everything is going great! miss you, see you in four months!!

Jess said...

Hey Jaclyn! Love your blog- so cute. I'm new at mine (blogging about the past and posting as if they were "live" posts) but no. I'm mostly retarded with it all. Ha. I Hope that you continue feeling better though! - No one deserves all that especially NOT you!

Sarah said...

Jacyln!! It's Sarah Twiss. We've been so worried about you. I'm glad we keep updated from the ole' VF friends and family. Hey - I got the full story now from your blog and I just have to say, like everyone else - I'm sooo glad you're feeling better - and here's to a better test result in 6 months!