We were busy busy busy this past weekend.
After coming home on Friday to find that "Blue" had passed away on us, we had to hurry and get ready to go to our ward temple night. When we got home from the temple at 10:15, we had to start canning peaches. They were ripe and ready to go and we knew we wouldn't have a lot of time on Saturday so we just worked at it until 1:30 in the morning. It really wasn't too bad because Brian was a great helper....even though I burned his elbow really bad when I took the lid off the pot of boiling water and the steam got him. Woops!
It was my first time canning by myself and I was really worried the jars weren't going to seal, but thankfully they ALL did. Don't you love when you hear that first one POP?
After coming home on Friday to find that "Blue" had passed away on us, we had to hurry and get ready to go to our ward temple night. When we got home from the temple at 10:15, we had to start canning peaches. They were ripe and ready to go and we knew we wouldn't have a lot of time on Saturday so we just worked at it until 1:30 in the morning. It really wasn't too bad because Brian was a great helper....even though I burned his elbow really bad when I took the lid off the pot of boiling water and the steam got him. Woops!
It was my first time canning by myself and I was really worried the jars weren't going to seal, but thankfully they ALL did. Don't you love when you hear that first one POP?

Then after we finished with the peaches, I had to get to bed because I was throwing a baby shower for one of my best friends in the morning.
Orchid is due in about a month! She looks amazing.


Then Saturday night we set Sarah up with one of Brian's co-workers and we all went on a double date. It was a lot of fun going down to Idaho Falls and going to dinner with Sarah and Aaron.
I wish it could just be the weekend all the time...



2 comments:
Jaclyn, I am so happy that your peaches sealed. They look great! I think you are right about giving my peaches more time to boil. Thanks.
way to go on the peaches! yum! have a super good recipe for peaches i will send you FB message for it! it's yummy! and your peaches look yummy! i wish i could have gone on your guys down date! so fun!!! glad you had a great weekend!! :) miss you!
Post a Comment