December 1, 2009

Impressed?


Today I came home from work after being gone all day.

I walked into my kitchen and saw this.

Brian had come home earlier and made home made noodles.

He had also boiled down the remainder of the turkey day Turkey for stock.

Hands down....Best turkey, noodle soup I've ever eaten.

Oh and did I mention it had carrots in it from our garden?

So good!

And after all that....Brian made home made carrot cake.
The most moist and delicious carrot cake I have ever had.
Wow. That was a great end to a Monday!

Oh, and did you see the cute table runner? My mommy made it for me. I love it! So festive! Thanks Mom :)


Jaclyn's Signiture

7 comments:

The Durfee's said...

wow...i am so impressed! thats so adorable....men in the kitchen...thats how it should be!!

Alex, Orchid, Layla, & Leo Christensen said...

That is intense!!! Can I have your recipe for carrot cake??? That is so sweet that he did that!?! And how do you make turkey or even chicken stock??? Maybe I'm just a really bad wife!!!!!! How incredible are you guys! You have a garden! Wow!!! Jaclyn I got your phone message. I'm babysitting all day today and then Al and I are goin to the temple at like 5:30.... but I want to see you so bad and catch up! When do you have time?? Tonight? Tomorrow What's going on this week for you??

Marlayne said...

HAHAHA, is that your drying rack for clothes? :) Nice!

Drew and Brandi said...

1. I love the drying rack! I have been wanting to make some but wondered what I would use-thanks for the idea!
2.Husband making noodles and soup - Tender mercy! ha ha again- awesome!
3. Carrots from the garden - even more awesome!!

Needless to say I am way impressed! way to be!

Unknown said...

Yes Marlayne, it is our drying rack for clothes! Brian thought to use it all on his own :)

brittany+scott said...

so impressed! yum!!! what a wonderful meal & husband to come home to :)

Boopsie said...

So...what was Brian in trouble for? Ha-that's the only time I ever get a home made meal from my hubby...so impressed!