December 5, 2009

So Good!

Wow!

Last night Brian and I had tickets to go see David Archuleta.

I was pretty excited....Brian, not so much.

I watched David since his first appearance on American Idol. I voted every week for him! Don't judge me. I just really like American Idol :)


I work for the newspaper as their book keeper. But when the editor recently found out I was going to the concert and learned that my degree was in communications, he asked if I would write an article on it. OKAY! Fine, twist my arm. They showed me how to use a nice camera and gave me the phone number of a man to get me a press pass. When we got to the concert I went to get my pass so I could go right up to the stage to get pictures. The man who gave me the pass also hooked us up with 4th row tickets! ( I only had bleacher seat tickets)

I had to sign a contract saying I wouldn't sell my professional pictures to the paparazzi.

Ha. That made me feel important.

We got to our seats and were sitting next to three girls who had payed a lot of money for all-access passes. They had spent 4 hours hanging with David before the show. Most the people around us had all access passes.

I was a little jealous.

The opening act was Benton Paul. He was really good. He sounded like a mix between Coldplay and Michael Buble. We were impressed!


Then after a half hour intermission it was finally time for David to come out on stage. I have never heard screaming that loud. And I'm pretty sure the 45 year old women in the audience were screaming louder than the 12 year old girls.





David Archuleta was amazing!

I loved every minute of it!

Even Brian ended up loving it. Shocking! ( i knew he would) He's still talking about it.
David's voice was flawless the entire night.

The first half of the concert was music from his first album, all the songs that play on the radio. Then the second half he did Christmas songs from his second album.

When he sang "crush" everybody went crazy. All the men around us started singing along. They tried to pretend they were there for their girlfriends and wives, but they knew all the words.

It was great.

It made me smile and laugh at how excited they were.

And not only did I get to see David up close (right at the stage taking pictures), but I will also be published in the paper this coming week! I will put a link on here to my article so you can all read it. It was such a fun night. I'm so glad we were able to go.

Jaclyn's Signiture

5 comments:

Lauren said...

Well Rexburg is no NYC, but I think that's the cooling thing that can happen to a person here and it happened to you! I can't wait to read the article. My friend is famous! So neat!!!!!

The Durfee's said...

Ahh so jealous!!! hahah I cant believe you got all hooked up...wow you are pretty important! so glad you had fun and brian enjoyed it too ;-)

Jen and Tyson said...

you go girl! so much fun!! don't you love it too - when you have an amazing hubby who will go do things like that with you and you know they end up loving it! plus its soooooo much more fun to do things like that with the hubs than with anyone else!! LOTS YOU GUYS!!! And way to go on being published! You know our "communication writing class" must be paying off. haha. sister hansen would be so proud. ha ;). you best be hooking us up with the link to your article!!! LOVE YOU LOTS!!!

Drew and Brandi said...

that is awesome! What a neat and fun opportunity!

Alex, Orchid, Layla, & Leo Christensen said...

It was incredible huh?! Don't forget to send me those pictures! LOVE YOU!