December 8, 2009

Published!

My David Archuleta article is on the front page of the Rexburg Standard Journal today!
I have officially been published now.
Ha. I still get nervous when people read my writing.
I'm always afraid of what people will think. It was even nerve racking having Brian read through it before I gave it to the editor.

Im still not really sure what the editor though of it. When he came in this morning he thanked me for writing it and said it was quote "interesting".

That made me feel paranoid.
Interesting could be good, or it could mean he thought it was weird. He said it was different too. Maybe different is a good thing though? Maybe it's different because all of our news staff writers are men. So having a woman writing an article is different than how a man would write it. This could be a good thing though. Maybe all the women who read the newspaper will find my piece refreshing. Who knows. But he gave me no direction. I didn't know what he wanted.
I guess since they put it on the front page, they didn't hate it. I'm even hesitant to put the link on my blog so you can all read it. But I will. So here it is. Enjoy! http://www.uvsj.com/

Jaclyn's Signiture

3 comments:

Sarah said...

YAY! I love it. Good job girl, i am so proud of you! :) And I miss you, so we should play soon before I leave for the break! Way to go

Alex, Orchid, Layla, & Leo Christensen said...

I loved it Jaclyn! I'm so proud of you!! I think I know why he said it was different... I think it maybe be because it wasn't written as a reporter would've written it, it sounded like an "experience" if that makes sense. Reporters and Journalist have a certain way of writing articles that to me seem to be boring. Your article had beautiful details and sucked me in. I loved it! Most journalists write about the facts and don't ever worry about pulling me in, and yours did!

Devin and Andrea said...

...ok. so congrats on the news paper. that is awesome. I do have a question about couponing...how do you stay organized? I mean I just started and I am OVERWHELMED by all the coupons and how do you keep them organized and how do you remember what you have before you go. UGH!!! I am going crazy and I never think i will be able to do this. Please help me.